Thursday, August 7, 2014

Home Sweet...Atlantis (with Chairish.com)


Earlier this week, I was contacted by the community manager at Chairish.com and asked to design a style board around one of their brightly colored accent chairs. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity. (Long time D and D followers know how I love my themed designs.)

To be honest, I had never heard of Chairish before, but after playing around on their site for a bit, I think its awesome! Their website allows people to buy and sell pre-owned furniture that has been approved by one of their curators. I highly recommend you check out their seating and lighting sections.

I will say that before I even started brainstorming, I knew I wanted to stay true to the somewhat geeky tendencies of this blog. (Check out my Harry Potter inspired room here, and my Star Wars inspired room here.) I'm a firm believer that inspiration can be found anywhere!


I finally settled on an awesome Eames-style molded plastic green chair (pictured above) as my color inspiration. I knew I wanted to incorporate some blues, gold, and other shades of green as well. I found this amazing, stylized Aquaman print and *POW*...an Atlantis themed guest room was born.

I love the different textures and pops of color- including the driftwood look of the table, golden "fish scales" on the lamp, and bright chevron throw pillows. A cozy, luxe blanket is a must, and as a guest, I would love a little nighttime reading material. (In the form of comic books, naturally.) I think even the most die-hard Marvel fans would spend the night here. ;)

If you get a chance, head on over to Chairish.com and check out all of the other amazing vintage accent chairs  they have for sale. (I am in love with this little blue velvet number)

And because I think it needs to be shared, I will just leave this right here...


** I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE