Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tough Mudder Recap

Back in October, Chris and I completed one of the toughest events on the planet with a small group of friends and family. (see my original Tough Mudder post here) I can truly say it was one of the most painful, cold, tiring, AMAZING tests of willpower that I have ever gone through in my entire life. To be honest, I was not as prepared as I could have been, but I was ready to suffer the consequences. But then again, I'd be lying if I said you could ever really be prepared for an event like Tough Mudder. I finished though, and completed all of the obstacles which was my ultimate goal. It took me about a week to recover, including getting rid of a nasty cough, bruises, and a cold I picked up. No Regrets!!!

Pre-TM photo with Team ManBearPig

My T-Rex arms were no match for the "Funky Monkey (bars)" First dip of the day!

Berlin Walls: The camaraderie was awesome. Had no problem getting help to get up and over!

The hills, oh my Lord of the Rings, the HILLS! (I think I'm smiling from delirium!)

"TEAM LOG!!"

The net right after the "Chernobyl Jacuzzi"- Frozen from this point on.

"Tis merely a flesh wound"



The official Tough Mudder Wintergreen, VA video.


** All photos courtesy of our good friend Rhys F. who basically ran the whole course beside us giving encouragement and taking rad photo and video. Thanks again Rhys!

Here's to Tough Mudder 2012...

Question: Have you ever done an obstacle course or a non-traditional race? (I want to do the Run For Your Lives 5K next year.)

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE