Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bean Town Part I

So this past Thursday my boyfriend Chris and I decided to take a little vacay to Boston for the long holiday weekend. Can I just rave about how much I LOVED this city? I enjoyed being able to walk everywhere for once, and everyone was just so freaking NICE. (It's funny though, there were plenty of people who said they would rather live in VA! The grass is always greener I suppose.) It was such a relaxing little getaway.

Aside from the multiple delays out of DC and New York, we arrived none the worse for wear on Thursday evening. I highly recommend our hotel, the Renaissance Boston Harbor. It's only about a year old, and although it was on the South End and a slight walk to the central downtown area, it was perfect for us! After the quickest check in ever, (and one or two reese's cups out of the big fish shaped bowl at the counter) we went upstairs to freshen up and head to dinner. We also had to change after travelling from sunny VA to cold and damp MA.
We had an awesome dinner at Legal Test Kitchen, which was right around the corner.

Fresh bread with an amazing white bean/olive oil dip to share, and I ordered the Tuna Burger with fresh homemade chips. I finished about 3/4 of the burger and it was so flavorful. I love that the fish was probably caught that morning. (Or so I like to tell myself). And there may or may not have been a Sam Adams Summer Ale in there somwhere. ;)



Chris and I both agreed that there was a LITTLE room left for dessert. We had to try the Boston Creme Pie. We definitely had to restrain ourselves.



We mosey'd on back to the hotel and somehow found our way to the hotel bar, where our very informative bartender gave us some good tips for our weekend. We also randomly ended up sitting next to an older couple who were from our city! Too bad I didn't get any pictures of our drinks, because the bartender made a hell of a white russian.

Needless to say we went to bed full and happy!

Friday was a day for sightseeing!


Weird entertainers outside of Fanueil Hall

Squinty sun-in-face shot.

Militia demonstration outside of Fanueil Hall

Outside of Quincy Market

Old State House (EPIC history here people!)


John Hancock's memorial/grave marker

Statue of George Washington at Bunker Hill (like i said...epic!)



As Chris so aptly put it..."Sometimes you want to go..."



Part II tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE