Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I don't think I'm ready for the JLA yet."

Junior Lifeguard Association that is.


Yes, we finally have our little paws on Smallville Season 5.


After getting back into the series that last couple of nights, I have a few thoughts:

1. After Smallville, BSG, X-Files, etc, I can now recognize Vancouver, B.C. in any show.

2. At first I  thought to myself "No way will (this) Lois Lane work with Clark. Lana Lang and Clark were meant for each other." This is strange because normally I always go for the love/hate relationships. But Lois was the interloper! (Even if she is more my kind of girl than Lana.) However, I have been assured that Lana gets more annoying, and that I will love the Smallville Lois and Clark in due time.
 

3. I like that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. We're all familiar with the characters and we already know most of what lies in Clark's future. I happen to like the inside jokes, the overt references, and yes, all of the red, blue, and Superman symbols that permeate the series. 


I've also started watching Stargate: Universe, which has been a nice little diversion, although the jury is still out on whether this show will leave a lasting impression. I did a little research and found out that SyFy is not renewing it for a 3rd season.Chris thinks its almost a direct rip-off of Battlestar Galactica. I think it might just be the camera angles and music.




What was the last series that contributed to your lack of sleep? (I call it the "Just one more episode" syndrome.) For me, it was Buffy, then Angel. There was a period of time several years back where I was getting around 3 hours of sleep a night because I "couldn't leave one more episode on the disc!





Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE