Monday, January 27, 2014

Jeans and a T-Shirt- Leveled Up with Brilliant Earth

So, last week I was contacted by an ethical jeweler from California called "Brilliant Earth." Brilliant  Earth specializes in ethically sourced diamonds, which is definitely something I can get behind. Their specialty is engagement rings but they have a wide range of fine jewelry including earrings and pendants. (In particular, this TARDIS blue sapphire ring is stunning!)

They asked if I would be interested in participating in their "Personality Style Challenge" by creating a mood/inspiration board with a selection of diamond jewelry from their collection. If you follow D & D you know that I love creating these inspiration boards, so I definitely jumped at the opportunity. 

I ultimately decided to give it a geeky twist (to quote The Little Mermaid..."It's what I do...It's what I LIVE for...) and drew inspiration from Doctor Who and his beautiful and strong companions. I created a look for a "jeans and t-shirt" girl which was one of the personality styles to choose from. I firmly believe that jeans and a graphic t-shirt don't have to be sloppy which is why I chose more tailored pieces. This is a polished, "leveled up" look that includes the 18K White Gold Round Diamond Stud Earrings and the 18K White Gold Fairmined 2mm Comfort Fit Ring. 

"Make It So Top"- Geeked Out Fitness, $25.00 (Come on, I HAD to)
Skyline Ankle Peg in Beachwood, Paige Jeans, $189.00
White Stretch Wool Tuxedo Blazer, Roberto Cavalli via Net-A-Porter, Out of Stock (similar here @ Express, $70.80) 
Aza Low-Heel Patent Pump, Jimmy Choo, $575.00 (similar here @ Zappo's, $69.00)
Blue Polish, "Yoga-ta Get This Blue ",OPI, $9.00
Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 in Berry, Fresh, $22.50
Studded Eastpak Backpack, Eastpack x Copson Street Artist Series (DIY Your own using this and this - tutorial coming soon!)

My Favorite Blue Jeans and T-Shirt Girl

Disclaimer: I was not paid or otherwise compensated by Brilliant Earth for writing this post. It was a fun opportunity to style some beautiful jewelry using a Dungeons and Diamonds twist. :)


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE